Sunday 31 March 2019

There IS such a thing as a free lunch!


-->
An advert for a financial seminar wouldn’t normally catch my eye – but also seeing the words ‘Chateau Valmy’ and ‘refreshments’ had me booking my place immediately. 

Our hosts were an internationally well-known ‘Wealth Management’ company and while my only ‘wealth management’ is rummaging down the back of the sofa for coins, the seminar was Brexit related, so of great interest to me and the many ex-pats who live here.  There were 5 ‘suits’ from the Company who took turns to explain different scenarios and suggesting when to panic (end of 2020) and when to take steps to avoid panicking at the end of 2020 (now).   There was no ‘hard-sell’ involved –they even gave us a folder with a notepad and pencil inside – but there was lots of good and useful information so I’m sure they’ll be receiving lots of calls very shortly.  And from me too.
 
But now to the important part of the proceedings – refreshments!  I had imagined it would be coffee and pastries, but when we walked out of the darkened seminar room into the bright sunshine on the terrace, we were greeted by waiters and waitresses clutching bottles of wine (Chateau Valmy production, naturally) and there were tables loaded with delicious mini nibbles and snacks.  Even the ‘suits’ were impressed by the setting – this seminar was part of a series they had been holding around France but this venue, with the sunshine, the food and the views over the vineyards down to the Mediterranean, had to be the best! 

As I am totally independent, I can’t give the name of the company, but will happily provide it on request.  And my grateful thanks go to them for letting me have a copy of this slide, which I think explained the Brexit situation more clearly than anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment